PRIVACY NOTICE AND CONCENT
We respect the privacy of everyone who visits this website and/or submits information to the Oubaai Home Owners Association through means of manual forms or any other electronic format, including but not limited to e-mails.
As a result, we would like to inform you regarding how we would use your Personal Information. We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice and Consent to understand our approach towards the use of your Personal Information. By submitting your Personal Information to us, you will be treated as having given your permission – where necessary and appropriate – for disclosures referred to in this policy. By using this website, you acknowledge that you have reviewed the terms of this Privacy Notice and Consent to Use of Personal Information (the “Privacy Notice and Consent”) and agree that we may collect, use, and transfer your personal information in accordance therewith.
If you do not agree with these terms, you may choose not to use our site, and please do not provide any Personal Information through this site. This Privacy Notice and Consent forms part of our Site Terms and Conditions of Use, and such shall be governed by and construed following the laws of South Africa. This notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPI Act). At Oubaai Home Owners Association, we are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your Personal Information is collected and used correctly, lawfully and openly.
- Who are we?
Oubaai Home Owners Association is an estate that administers all aspects of a residential community and serves the best interests of its members
- The information we collect
Collection of Personal Information
We collect and process your Personal Information mainly to provide you with access to our estate and associated services, to help us improve our offerings to you and for specific other purposes explained below. The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect information that we need for that purpose.
We collect information directly from you to provide us with your personal and other applicable details when you submit enquiries or forms to us or contact us. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and why the information is needed.
Personal information may include but is not limited to:
- Your name and surname
- The names and surnames of your family members, including children
- Your stand number and physical address details
- Your e-mail address
- Your telephone/cell number
- Your vehicle/s identification
- Your bank details
Collection of Non-Personal Information
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you, such as the type of internet browsers you use or the website from which you linked to our website. We may also aggregate details that you have submitted to the site. You cannot be identified from this information, and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on this website. From time to time, we may supply third parties with this non-personal or aggregated data for uses in connection with this website. Non-personal information may be submitted for purposes
- How we use your information
We will use your Personal and Non-Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you, for example:
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are a homeowner, resident, worker, contractor or visitor for security purpose
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, or other malpractice.
- To conduct members satisfaction research or for statistical analysis.
- For audit and record-keeping purposes.
- In connection with legal proceedings.
- We will also use your Personal Information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or apply to us or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
- To contact you regarding services that may interest you, provided you have given us consent to do so or have previously requested a service from us, and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
- You can opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time. Any direct communications that we send to you will provide you with the information and means necessary to opt-out.
- To respond to your queries or comments.
- Where we collect Personal Information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons. To protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our backup systems.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to our service providers who are involved in delivering products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms.
We may share your Personal Information with and obtain information about you from:
- Third parties for the purposes listed above;
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rig
- Personal Information Security
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the Personal Information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. On an ongoing basis, we will continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your Personal Information is secure.
Our security policies and procedures will cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of personal information; acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Investigating and reacting to security and estate management incidents
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that Personal Information that we remain responsible for is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your Personal Information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
- Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. To do this, contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our home page and specify what information you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to payment of a legally allowable fee, as laid down in our POPI Act Policy.
- Correction of your Personal Information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to the Personal Information we may hold about you. We would appreciate it if you would take the steps needed to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date by notifying us of any changes we need to be aware of.
- Definition of Personal Information
According to the POPI Act ‘‘Personal Information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. The POPI Act, which has more specific examples if you need them, can be found at the following link: www.gov.za/documents/download.php?f=204368
- Right to object
In terms of the POPI Act (POPIA) section 18. (h) (iv) you have the right to object to the processing of personal information as referred to in section 11(3) of the POPIA.
- Right to lodge a complaint
In terms of the POPI Act (POPIA) section 18. (h) (v) you have the right to complain to the Information Regulator (South Africa) (IRSA). The IRSA contact details are:
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017 Mr Marks Thibela
Chief Executive Officer
Tel No. +27 (0) 10 023 5207,
Cell No. +27 (0) 82 746 4173
- Changes to this notice
Please note that we may amend this notice from time to time.
- How to contact us
If you have any queries about this notice or believe we have not adhered to it, or need further information about our privacy practices or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website www.oubaaigolfestate.co.za or in the Oubaai Home Owners Association PAIA Manual.